STEPS TO ENROLLMENT FOR NEW, RETURNING AND TRANSFER STUDENTS
Not sure what type of student you are? Click here to find out...
All students are expected to complete the following matriculation steps. Detailed information regarding matriculation policies and provisions can be found in the College Catalog.
STEP ONE: APPLY FOR ADMISSION ONLINE
- LINK: http://www.vvc.edu/offices/admissions-records/apply-for-admission-online.shtml
Submit your application to receive a VVC student ID number. If you are a returning Victor Valley College Student, you must reapply if you have not been in attendance during the preceding Fall or Spring semester.
STEP TWO: FINANCIAL AID (Optional)
To apply, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/.
- Victor Valley College's code is 001335.
STEP THREE: SET UP WEBADVISOR ACCOUNT
After you receive your Welcome email with your VVC student ID# go to http://www.vvc.edu/, click WebAdvisor. Select, “Are you new to WebAdvisor?” and follow steps.
- For questions or resetting User ID/password for WebAdvisor contact the Help Desk at (760) 245-4271 ext. 2740, via email at email@example.com or go to building 21.
STEP FOUR: STUDENT ORIENTATION
All New and returning students must complete orientation in order to register
ONLINE ORIENTATION: Log on to your WebAdvisor and click on “Link to Online Orientation”.
- IN-PERSON ORIENTATION: Click link to schedule NEW: Schedule an "In-Person" New Student Orientation HERE or go to the Counseling Office in Building 55 to schedule
A separate window will open. Please select "Make Appointment" and then "Find Appointments" for available in-person orientation workshops for General Orientation, ESL-Spanish and ESL-Other than Spanish.
STEP FIVE: COMPLETE ASSESSMENT TEST
NOTE: You must complete this step unless you meet one of the exemptions listed at the bottom of this page. Testing is scheduled by appointment only-no walk ins. Please wait 24 hours after receiving your VVC ID# to schedule your assessment appointment online
- NEW : Schedule your Assessment Test Appointment ONLINE HERE (a separate window will open)
Assessment consists of placement exams in reading, sentence skills, and mathematics. A copy of the results will be immediately available.
- For test preparation go to https://appointments.vvc.edu/eSARS/Assessment/preparing-for-your-assessment-test.htm.
ALL students must bring a current and valid photo identification card. Examples of a valid ID: Driver’s License, Federal/Military ID, Passport, personal ID card from the DMV, School or other Institution, or a Naturalization Card or a Certificate of Citizenship.
STEP SIX: ADVISEMENT (Educational Plan)
For your Counseling appointment, you will need to bring your Assessment printout. Transfer students must bring a copy of their transcripts from every prior college to the appointment. Veterans must bring a copy of military transcripts, other college transcripts and DD214.
- Counseling and transfer center is located in building 55. For information regarding the counseling department click on their link http://www.vvc.edu/offices/guidance_and_counseling/
If you are academically "Subject to Dismissal," or in progress "Subject to Dismissal", then you must attend a Student Success Workshop in order to register.
NEW!! Schedule your Student Success Workshop HERE (This workshop is NOT for new students. A separate window will open. Please select "Make Appointment" and then "Find Appointments" for workshop availability.)
You may register for classes before meeting with a counselor.
STEP SEVEN: REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Your registration date can be found in your WebAdvisor under “My Registration dates”. Registration dates may not be available if you have applied early for a term. Continue to check the VVC website for updates.
View the Schedule of Classes on WebAdvisor or go to www.vvc.edu click on VIEW COURSE OFFERINGS.
Authorization Codes: If you are given an authorization code by the instructor to add a class you must use your code immediately in WebAdvisor. Steps to use the authorization code can be found at http://www.vvc.edu/offices/admissions-records/authorization-codes.shtml *Authorization codes are only valid until the deadline to add classes.*
STEP EIGHT: PAY FEES (Enrollment/tuition fees must be paid within 5 business days or you will be dropped for nonpayment).
Pay Online: Log on to WebAdvisor click on Pay Fees.
Pay In person at the VVC Bursar’s Office in Building 52 after you register for classes.
- For more information about fees, click here.
Students on Waitlist: If you are added to a class (auto enrolled), and do not pay within 5 business days from the date you are auto enrolled, you will be dropped.
IT IS THE STUDENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO CONFIRM REGISTRATION OF CLASSES, MONITOR WAITLIST, WITHDRAW, AND PAY ANY ADDITIONAL FEES.
VVC IDENTIFICATION CARD is required for VVC students and must be presented to access certain classes, computer labs, the weight room, and the library. After you have registered for classes, take a valid ID and Registration Statement (can be printed from WebAdvisor) to the ASB Office in Bldg 44 to receive your VVC ASB/ID card.
If you meet any one or more of the following conditions, you can choose not to participate in the matriculation activities outlined in STEP 5 above. Those students who do not meet any of these exemptions must complete the activities in STEP 5.
- Completed an Associate (AA/AS) or higher degree from an accredited college.
- Completed the equivalent of at least Math 90 and English 101 at another higher education institution. (See Counseling)
- Have placement recommendations from an ASSESSMENT taken within 3 years and have a copy of the actual score report.
- Enrolling only in non-credit classes.
- Planning to only take classes for personal development or enrichment.
- Taking classes for re-certification or licensing.
- Currently enrolled in a four-year college/university.
- Concurrently enrolled students (K-12) enrolling ONLY in music performance, theatrical performance, and/or physical education activity courses.