It must be noted that time restraints are strictly enforced between each of the below listed steps. The VVC Campus Police Office receives its authority to enforce its citation process from: The California Penal code, The California Vehicle Code, The Board of Trustees, and provisions established by the California State Legislature.
Step 1-No Contest
If you do not challenge the citation, pay the fee per the directions on the citation. Penalties will be added to the original citation fee if not PAID WITHIN 21 DAYS.
Step 2-Processing Fee for No Permit Displayed
The most common violation is that of “No Valid Permit Displayed”. If you can show proof that you purchased a permit, prior to your citation being issued, you may have the citation reduced to a warning for a $5.00 processing fee. If you do not want to pay the $5.00, you may follow the procedure outlined below.
Step 3-Contesting the Citation
Contesting the citation is a three-step process:
- To Challenge the citation, request an appeal form, available from the Campus Police Office or open & fill-in the form in your web browser here (you will need to print it out after filling it in and bring the copy into the Campus Police Office with you), within 21 calendar days from the issuance date of the parking citation. If your appeal is approved, the citation will be entered as a warning.
- If the citation is deemed valid by the reviewing officer, and your appeal is denied, you may pay or appeal. If you choose to pay, you must do so within the time limits set on you appeal to avoid additional penalties. If you choose to appeal, you may request an ADMINISTRATIVE HEARING. You must request this hearing by phone, writing, or in person, within 21 days from the mailing of the decision from Step A above. This step requires bail be posted through the Campus Police Office prior to the hearing appointment date
(CVC 40215b) You will be contacted, given a date and time of the Administrative Hearing and will be expected to appear in person. After the hearing, you will be notified of the results. If the Administrative Hearing Officer finds in your favor, the bail posted will be refunded.
- If your Administrative Hearing is denied, your bail amount will not be refunded.
If you choose not to pay…
Remember, ignoring a citation will result in immediate legal action in the form of substantial additional penalties and a hold being placed on:
- Your vehicle registration through the DMV and
- Your transcripts and registration process through VVC
Last Updated 8/19/16