BENEFITS INFORMATION (contact Human Resources - Diana Torres - for information. Ext. 2328 or email@example.com
for benefits-eligible academic/classified/management, administrative, confidential employees
Click the "EBenefits" login to the left to access the online benefits enrollment & information system.
View your elected medical, vision, dental, basic life, including dependents if enrolled.
View, if enrolled, voluntary Prudential Life, Prudential AD&D, Amenities, Foundation, and Pre-Paid legal plans.
View your beneficiaries for your district-paid ING life plan, and Prudential plans, if enrolled. You may change beneficiaries anytime throughout the year via EBenefits.
Enroll in/change/delete Amenities, Foundation, and Pre-Paid Legal voluntary deductions anytime during the year.
Generally, you may enroll/change/delete dependents for medical, vision, dental within 30 days of a qualifying life event or during open enrollment.
Annual Open Enrollment for plans listed above is accessed online via EBenefits. During Open Enrollment, you may schedule an on-campus appointment if you are interested in voluntary plans such as American Fidelity IRC125 reimbursement accounts, AFA salary protection, additional life insurance, etc.
On display but no online action available - AFA products or other such voluntary plans, plus elected IRC Section 125 accounts. By August of each year, you'll see displayed the new plan year's updated elections/premium amounts, if enrolled in voluntary plans.
CORE BENEFITS - A negotiated comprehensive benefits package is provided to eligible regular Faculty and Classified bargaining unit members and is also provided to Management/Administrative/Confidential. By way of our JPA partnership with SCSEBA (Southern California School Employee Benefits Association), medical, vision, dental, life premiums currently are paid by the district and eligible dependents may be included. Also included is a Medical Advocate program, Wellness programs, an Employee Assistance Plan, and access to the online benefits system.
DEDUCTIBLES - Deductibles for the Anthem Blue Cross PPO tiers and the Delta Dental PPO plan are based on calendar year.
EFFECTIVE DATES OF COVERAGE - a) Coverage for newly eligible employees will begin on the first of the month following the first day of eligible service. b) Coverage ends at the end of the month in which your benefits-eligible employment ends and COBRA (continued coverage self-paid) would take immediate effect the next day if elected by employee within the time frame provided by federal/state regulations.
OPEN ENROLLMENT – annual Open Enrollment window typically opens in late April for 2-3 weeks with a July 1 effective date. Click on "EBenefits" to the left to register and/or log in. IRC Section 125 Medical and/or Dependent Care Reimbursement Account enrollments or AFA products enrollment/changes are not available online but, if currently elected, may display within EBenefits - these annual enrollments take place independently during Open Enrollment by enrolling with an American Fidelity consultant on site. Information is sent to each eligible employee prior to Open Enrollment. On occasion, AFA provides site visits for those who wish more information on any of these options.
PLAN YEAR – July 1 – June 30
CURRENT CORE PLAN OFFERINGS for fiscal year 2011/12:
Anthem Blue Cross of California - each eligible enrolled family member receives a membership card
Choice of POS plan (Point of Service-3 tiers) OR HMO plan (Health Maintenance Organization) includes:
- HealthyRoads Wellness (identify yourself as a SCSEBA member)
- MEDCO prescriptions (separated out from Blue Cross) - a separate MEDCO Prescription card is required - overview
- Anthem Blue Cross Behavioral Health - mental health coverage - call the # on your medical card.
- Kaiser Permanente HMO - each eligible enrolled family member receives a membership card
- Chiropractic Rider
- Choose Healthy Wellness Program
- Healthyroads wellness plan is also available for Kaiser members
- Mental health care is provided via your Kaiser physician.
- Health Advocate - assistance with medical billings/Explanation of Benefits letters and other life issues - identify yourself as a SCSEBA member
- Health Advocate - HA will be your source for the new Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) for Blue Cross and Kaiser members
- Medical Eye Services - you do not need a card, provider will verify eligibility with MES
- Delta Dental PPO - you do not need a card, provider will verify eligibility with Delta
- Delta Care USA (independent, not part of the SCSEBA JPA) - you do not need a card, provider will verify eligibility with Delta
- Ing Life
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS INFORMATION
COBRA - click here - The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) gives workers and their families who lose their health benefits the right to choose to continue group health benefits provided by their group health plan for limited periods of time under certain circumstances such as voluntary or involuntary job loss, reduction in the hours worked, transition between jobs, death, divorce, and other life events.
CREDITABLE COVERAGE - Creditable Coverage relates to medicare-eligible individuals and prescription coverage.
* Creditable coverage annual NOTICE
FSA - FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS - IRC Section 125 Flexible Reimbursement Accounts (American Fidelity) for Medical and Dependent Care are also available for benefits-eligible employees. Dependent Care maximum $5,000; Medical maximum $3,600.
Over-the-counter reimbursements changed as of January 1, 2011. Watch for additional federally-mandated changes beginning after 2010.
HIPAA - administered by the Office for Civil Rights - protects the privacy of individually identifiable health information, and the confidentiality provisions of the Patient Safety Act, which protects identifiable information being used to analyze patient safety events and improve patient safety.
LONG-TERM CARE for PERS AND STRS employees - Click here - All California public employees, their spouses, parents, parents-in-law, and adult siblings are eligible to apply for this valuable coverage. Applications are accepted during a PERS-designated Long-Term Care application period for those between the ages of 18-79. For information about the Long-Term Care plan, please contact CalPERS at 1-888-225-7377.
In addition, benefit-eligible employees may purchase voluntary Long Term Care Insurance for themselves and their families through UNUM.
MEDICARE - click here for information about Medicare eligibility and enrollment.
MEDICARE PART D - click here to find out more - are you eligible - do you need it ? What is Medicare prescription drug coverage?
Medicare prescription drug coverage is insurance that covers both brand-name and generic prescription drugs at participating pharmacies in your area.
VOLUNTARY PLANS - A variety of voluntary plans, including cancer/life/accident/salary protection, are available for benefits-eligible employees. Premiums are paid through payroll deduction and is generally elected during the annual open enrollment. Information is available in the payroll & benefits office or in your EBenefits account as noted below
- Prepaid Legal (800) 654-7757 - available for enrollment through your EBenefits account all year long
- J.C. Insurance salary protection, life, accident (209) 529-6273 or contact payroll office
- Prudential Life and Prudential AD&D - available for enrollment through your EBenefits account during open enrollment or contact payroll office
- American Fidelity salary protection, life, accident, cancer
- Texas Life (via American Fidelity)
- Pacific Educators life, salary protection, accident (800) 722-3365 or contact payroll office