skip navigation

This page is designed for modern browsers. You will have a better experience with a better browser.

Print this page - graphic


Using Advance Placement (AP), CLEP, and IB Exam Scores for Transfer

An AP exam score of 3, 4, or 5 is accepted to meet CSU GE-Breadth and IGETC requirements. To find out how many units you are awarded from your AP, CLEP, IB exams toward a California State University (CSU) or University of California (UC), please visit:

Victor Valley College keeps a chart for easy review.  Download the Advanced Placement Credit pdf in a separate window.  

Each institution should have a policy indicating how your AP scores are used to meet subject and unit requirements.  The CollegeBoard website provides a link to each institution's policy on how they accept AP scores.  This will take you to the CollegeBoard's AP link in a separate window. The CollegeBoard website will also tell you about using your AP exam scores abroad (international universities).  This will take you to the CollegeBoard's AP exam scores abroad link in a separate window.



Last Updated 12/13/17