Continuing Veteran Student

You are classified as a Continuing Student if you have attended Victor Valley College (or any other higher education institution) and received GIBill® educational benefits in a previous term and would like to access your educational benefits again for the current term.



Step 1: Update or Request Change of Training Site for Veteran Education Benefits

  • Apply online 
  • Within 4-6 weeks, the VA will send you an updated copy of your Certificate of Eligibility.
  • Bring your updated Certificate of Eligibility to the Victor Valley College Veterans Resource Center.


The housing allowance is paid if the student's rate of pursuit is more than 50%.  Rate of pursuit determines whether a student receives or doesn't receive the housing allowance. The resulting percentage is the student's rate of pursuit.  

Examples: If full-time is 12 credits, then rate of pursuit for: 

  • 6 Credits (or credit equivalents) is 50%  (6 / 12 =  50%)
  • 7 Credits (or credit equivalents)  is 58% (7 / 12 =  58%)  


Step 2: Complete Enrollment Process at Victor Valley College


Step 3: Mail or hand-carry Official Transcripts to Victor Valley College Admission & Records


Step 4: Make an appointment with an Academic Counselor for a VRC Student Education Plan (VSEP)

  • A student may only pursue one educational goal at a time. When registering for classes refer to your copy of the VSEP. The VA certifying official will certify only the classes that are on your VSEP.
  • The VA requires that GI Bill® students have a current Education plan, prepared by a VVC Counselor, in their VA File. The Ed Plan must show the student’s declared program and have all prior credits evaluated. When you make your appointment with a VVC counselor, please indicate that you are a GI Bill® student, and bring to your appointment copies of any previous college transcripts. 


Step 5: Register for classes using Self-Service

  • Veterans Priority Registration Eligibility Requirement:
    • Submit your DD214 to Admissions and Records located in building 23, Student Services One Stop, to receive consideration for priority registration.
  • Click on the following link to register for classes
  • Pay attention to important dates (last day to add, drop with refund, without a "W", and with a "W") and remember that it is your responsibility to drop your class(es).
  • To avoid a possible overpayment, please remember to inform the VA and your VA Certifying Official of any schedule changes as soon as possible.  This contact information is located at
  • As always adjustments are submitted to the VA for an attendance status of “No Shows” "FW's", "EW's", and “Withdrawals”. 


Step 6: Submit the VRC Student Information Sheet & other documents to the Veterans Resource Center

IMPORTANT: For ease of processing, please use the fillable fields on the PDF documents we have provided to you online. Please do not print and fill them out by hand.

  • Complete the VRC Student Information Sheet
  • Complete the GI Bill® Enrollment Certification Form 
  • Current VRC Student Education Plan (VSEP)
  • A copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (if you have received it from the VA)
  • A Certifying Official will verify that the courses match the student's VSEP before proceeding.
  • Once certification at Victor Valley College is complete, students will receive an email that verifies their enrollment status.
  • Veterans/dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 to verify enrollment and payment status.


Step 7: Apply for Financial Aid