Did you complete all requirements for your degree or certificate? Great! Your next step is to complete our Graduation Application. Details are provided below.
Graduation Commencement 2022
This year's Commencement Ceremony will be held Wednesday, June 15, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. at Glen Helen Amphitheater (GHC). Graduates will gather at the pavillion inside the Glen Helen venue to line up and march into the amphitheater. Graduates should plan to arrive beginning at 4:00 p.m. when the venue opens. The guest parking lot opens at 4:00 p.m. and guests will be allowed to enter the venue at 5:00 p.m. The ceremony will last approximately two (2) hours.
GRADUATION TICKETS will be available in the RAMS Bookstore. All attendees, including infants/small children will require a ticket to enter the venue (no exceptions).
GRADUATES AND GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES - Guests with disabilities should plan to arrive by 5:00 p.m. for appropriate accommodations. You are allowed one (1) attendant if necessary. Graduates: If you need accommodation for a disability, we ask you notify us by May 19. Interpreting services will be available for the deaf and hearing impaired. Parking for disabled is located through Gate 1. For concerns and assistance, please contact Cathy Ekpo, ACCESS Director, at (760) 245-4271 Ext 2939.
Special Notice: There is a $5 parking fee vehicle for guest parking at Glen Helen Amphitheater.
GLEN HELEN AMPHITHEATER - GUIDELINES
Guests are permitted to bring in one (1) factory sealed bottle of water up to one gallon in size (PLASTIC ONLY, NO METAL OR GLASS CONTAINERS). Camelbacks, aluminum containers or hydroflasks are not permitted.
No COVID mandate will be in effect. Therefore, no vaccination requirement, nor negative covid test will be required.
- Unit Requirements: Associate degrees require a minimum of 60 degree-applicable units, including General Education, major requirements, and electives. Associate Degrees for Transfer also require 60 CSU-applicable units in addition to the General Education, major requirements, and electives. Certificates of Achievement require a minimum of 12 major-applicable units.
- Units in Residence at VVC: At least 12 units of coursework must be taken at Victor Valley College.
- GPA Requirements: A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required in degree-applicable coursework. All courses in the major must be completed with a "C" or better.
Major requirements for all degrees and Certificates of Achievement may be found in the Academic Programs Website.
Transfer Credits & Test Scores
- Coursework from regionally accredited colleges and universities is accepted by VVC to fulfill degree and certificate requirements.
- Advanced Placement and CLEP scores can be accepted for credit, with some limitations. Test scores must be submitted directly from the testing center to VVC.
- Official college transcripts and test scores sent directly by the institution are required. VVC does not accept student-provided documents-unless they are in a sealed Official envelope.
- Ensure you have submitted official transcripts and relevant test scores from all institutions attended to the Admissions and Records Office. Note that all transcripts from other schools must be Official.
- Make an appointment with a counselor to see if you are eligible to graduate.
- Once you determine you are eligible, complete and submit your graduation application as noted below.
- You may apply for any degree or certificate for which you qualify (no limit).
How to Apply
Complete and submit the graduation petition for your degree or major.
- Associate Degree: Submit the Graduation/Associate Degree Application (login required)
- CSUGE Certification: Submit the CSU General Education Certification Application (login required)
- IGETC Certification: Submit the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum Application (login required)
- Certificates: Submit the Certificate Application (login required)
Students must apply for graduation by the deadline dates to obtain an Associate Degree. DEGREES ARE NOT AUTOMATICALLY ISSUED.
Deadlines to Apply
The deadline to Apply for Graduation is the last day of the term prior to the term in which you expect to graduate. Examples: Apply by the end of Fall semester to graduate in Spring. Apply by the end of Spring semester to graduate in Summer. Apply by the end of the Summer term to graduate in Fall. There is no graduation in Winter.
The filing periods for graduation are as follows:
- Spring 2022 (June) - March 4, 2022
- Summer 2022 (August) - June 24, 2022
- Fall 2022 (December) - September 2, 2022
For Spring graduation candidates, please be advised that participation in the ceremony does not guarantee official graduation. Final evaluation for Spring candidates are not completed until grades have been verified for the Spring semester.
Once You Petition
- You will receive an email on the status of your petition within 8 weeks after submitting it to the Admissions Office.
- If found eligible, your petition will be re-evaluated once official grades are posted at the end of the term. This process can take up to 5 weeks.
- You will be provided with instructions on how to participate in our annual Commencement Ceremony a couple months ahead of the event. In order to participate in the ceremony, you must submit the graduation petition by the petitioning deadline.
Graduating with Honors
Students completing associate degree programs with prescribed cumulative grade point averages are recognized as honor graduates at the college commencement exercises. These honor graduates are eligible to wear honor cords at graduation.
All lower division, degree-applicable courses, units, and grades earned by students at VVC and other colleges and universities are included in calculating grade point averages for graduation and academic honors.
- Highest Honors: 3.90 - 4.0 GPA
- High Honors: 3.75 to 3.89 GPA
- Academic Distinction: 3.50 to 3.74 GPA
- Graduation honors will be annotated on your VVC transcript and your diploma.
Transcripts & Diplomas
- Transcripts: Once the Admissions & Records Office has verified you completed all degree/certificate requirements, your official Victor Valley College transcripts will be annotated with the degree/certificate and major you completed. This annotation will appear on all transcripts we generate.
- Diplomas/Certificates: Starting with the Fall 2021 diplomas, Victor Valley College has partnered with Parchment to print and mail physical diplomas and high unit certificates to students. In addition to the printed diploma and certificate, you will be able to obtain a digital diploma or certificate. * Low unit certificates will only receive a digital copy. You will receive an email from Parchment to create an account and retrieve your diploma and/or certificate. Diplomas and high unit certificates will be mailed to you within 12-16 weeks after the appropriate filing period. Only one diploma (per major) will be provided to you at no cost. If you graduated with more than one major, you will receive a separate diploma for each major. It will also state if you graduated with honors.
- Duplicate Diplomas: Duplicate diplomas may be ordered directly from the Admissions & Records Office by completing the Diploma/Certificate Replacement Order Form at a cost of $15 each.
Who May Participate
- Students who were granted a degree from Summer and/or Fall preceding the graduation ceremony.
- Students who have petitioned for the Spring semester who are designated as eligible or eligible pending.