Guest Veteran Student

You are classified as a Guest Student if you are currently enrolled at another institution and would like to take additional classes at Victor Valley College to satisfy degree requirements at your primary institution. IMPORTANT NOTE: 


Step 1: Request Primary School Letter for Submission of Enrollment to the VA for GI Bill® Education Benefits


The housing allowance is paid if the student's rate of pursuit is more than 50%.  Rate of pursuit determines whether a student receives or doesn't receive the housing allowance. The resulting percentage is the student's rate of pursuit.  

Examples: If full-time is 12 credits, then rate of pursuit for: 

  • 6 Credits (or credit equivalents) is 50%  (6 / 12 =  50%)
  • 7 Credits (or credit equivalents)  is 58% (7 / 12 =  58%)  


Step 2: Complete Enrollment Process at Victor Valley College


Step 3: Enroll in classes approved by your Primary School.  Classes not authorized by your Primary School will not be submitted to the VA for educational benefits. 


Step 4: Register for classes using Self-Service

  • Veterans Priority Registration Eligibility Requirement:
    • Submit your DD214 to Admissions and Records located in building 23, Student Services One Stop, to receive consideration for priority registration.
  • Click on the following link to register for classes
  • Pay attention to important dates (last day to add, drop with refund, without a "W", and with a "W") and remember that it is your responsibility to drop your class(es).
  • To avoid a possible overpayment, please remember to inform the VA Department or your VA Certifying Official of any schedule changes as soon as possible.  This contact information is located at
  • As always adjustments are submitted to the VA for an attendance status of “No Shows” "FW's", "EW's", and “Withdrawals”. 


Step 5: Submit the VRC Student Information Sheet & other documents to the Veterans Resource Center

IMPORTANT: For ease of processing, please use the fillable fields on the PDF documents we have provided to you online. Please do not print and fill them out by hand.

  • Complete the VRC Student Information Sheet
  • Complete the GI Bill® Enrollment Certification Form 
  • Current VRC Student Education Plan (VSEP)
  • A copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (if you have received it from the VA)
  • A Certifying Official will verify that the courses match the student's VSEP before proceeding.
  • Once certification at Victor Valley College is complete, students will receive an email that verifies their enrollment status.
  • Veterans/dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 to verify enrollment and payment status.


Step 6: Apply for Financial Aid