Transfer Veteran Student

You are classified as a Transfer Student if you have previously received GI Bill® educational benefits at another institution and would like to resume your educational benefits at Victor Valley College.


Step 1: Apply for Veteran Educational Benefits

  • Apply online 
  • Within 4-6 weeks, the VA will send you a Certificate of Eligibility.
  • Bring your Certificate of Eligibility to the Victor Valley College Veterans Resource Center.


The housing allowance is paid if the student's rate of pursuit is more than 50%.  Rate of pursuit determines whether a student receives or doesn't receive the housing allowance. The resulting percentage is the student's rate of pursuit.  

Examples: If full-time is 12 credits, then rate of pursuit for: 

  • 6 Credits (or credit equivalents) is 50%  (6 / 12 =  50%)
  • 7 Credits (or credit equivalents)  is 58% (7 / 12 =  58%)  


Step 2: Complete Enrollment Process at Victor Valley College


Step 3: Mail or hand-carry Official Transcripts to Victor Valley College Admission & Records


Step 4: Make an appointment with the VA Education Counselor for a Veteran's Student Education Plan (VSEP)

  • A student may only pursue one educational goal at a time. When registering for classes refer to your copy of the VSEP. The VA certifying official will certify only the classes that are on your VSEP.
  • The VA requires that GIBill® students have a current GI Bill® Education plan, prepared by a VVC Counselor, in their VA File. The Ed Plan must show the student’s declared program and have all prior credits evaluated. When you make your appointment with a VVC counselor, please indicate that you are a GI Bill® student, and bring to your appointment copies of any previous college transcripts. 


Step 5: Register for classes using Navigate

  • Veterans Priority Registration Eligibility Requirement:
    • Submit your DD214 to Admissions and Records located in building 23, Student Services One Stop, to receive consideration for priority registration.
  • Registration dates and times are posted on the college website
  • Pay attention to important dates (last day to add, drop with refund, without a "W", and with a "W") and remember that it is your responsibility to drop your class(es).

To avoid a possible overpayment, please remember to inform the VA Department or your VA Certifying Official of any schedule changes as soon as possible.  This contact information is located at

As always adjustments are submitted to the VA for an attendance status of “No Shows” "FW's", "EW's", and “Withdrawals”. 


Step 6: Submit the GI Bill® Student Information Sheet & other documents to the Veterans Resource Center

IMPORTANT: For ease of processing, please use the fillable fields on the PDF documents we have provided to you online. Please do not print and fill them out by hand.

  • Complete the GI Bill® Student Information Sheet
  • Complete the GI Bill® Student Certification Form 
  • Current Veteran's Education Plan (VSEP)
  • A copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (if you have received it from the VA)
  • A Certifying Official will verify that the courses match the student's VSEP before proceeding.
  • Once certification at Victor Valley College is complete, students will receive an email that verifies their enrollment status.
  • Veterans/dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 to verify enrollment and payment status.


Step 7: Apply for Financial Aid