The Medical Assistant is a professional, multi-skilled person dedicated to assisting in patient care management. The practitioner performs administrative and clinical duties and may manage emergency situations, facilities and or personnel. Competence in the field also requires that a medical assistant display professionalism, communicate effectively, and provide instruction to patients.
The Medical Assistant program is a one-year program that is designed to prepare students to work effectively in a physician’s office, medical records, or business office of a clinic or hospital. Upon completion of the required courses, the student will demonstrate proficiency in both front and back office procedures. Successful completion of the program leads to a Certificate of Achievement.
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Accounts Representative
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Records Technician
- $1,000 (Approximate over three semesters)
- *ALDH 82 Mid Term & Final Exams must be taken and passed with an 80% before being admitted to ALDH 82C.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT CERTIFICATE PROGRAM OVERVIEW
This certificate prepares students for an entry-level position in a physician’s office, clinic or Medical records.
SPECIAL NOTE: While students are encouraged to complete the entire program, they are employable as a Medical Assistant and will receive a certificate from the college upon successful completion of ALDH 82 and ALDH 82C.
- ALDH 139 Medical Terminology
- ALDH 80 Pharmacology
- ALDH 81 Medical Insurance
- ALDH 82 Medical Office Procedures*
- ALDH 82C Medical Office Procedures- Clinical*
- Psych 110 Developmental Psychology
- BET 104 Beginning Word Processing/Typing for Windows A/B/C
*You may begin working as a Medical Assistant after completing ALDH 82 and ALDH 82C.
|MEDICAL ASSISTANT CERTIFICATE CURRICULUM
SUGGESTED 1 - YEAR SCHEDULE
- ALDH 139 Medical Terminology 3.0
- BET 104 Beginning Word for Windows 3.0
Total units - 6.0
- ALDH 80 Pharmacology 3.0
- ALDH 81 Medical Insurance 3.0
- ALDH 82 Medical Office Procedures 4.0
Total units - 10.0
- ALDH 82C Medical Office Procedures – Clinical 5.0
- Psych 110 Developmental Psychology 3.0
Total Units - 8.0
TOTAL PROGRAM UNITS = 24.0
Please note that this schedule is suggested. The only classes that have to be taken in succession are ALDH 82 (first pass this courses Mid Term & Final Exams with an 80% or better), then enroll in ALDH 82C; the clinical portion of the program.
Medical Assistant Facilitator
Health Sciences/Allied Health Office Assistant - 760-245-4271, Ext. 2463