Criteria for Dual Enrollment

K-12 Grades

Dual Enrollment – CCAP and Non-CCAP

Dual Enrollment offers high school students the opportunity to enroll in VVC courses and receive college credit while pursuing their high school diploma. Dual Enrollment is divided into two areas: CCAP and Non-CCAP (formerly Concurrent Enrollment). Courses are offered in a variety of disciplines and fields including general education and career pathway courses that align with local industry. Students can take these courses at their high school or at VVC depending on the agreement between the high school district and the college district.

Get more information

CCAP - College and Career Access Pathways

Assembly Bill No. 288 - Established the College and Career Access Pathways (CCAP) partnerships between VVC and a local high school district. The two districts enter into an agreement which allows special-admit students to receive college credit for transfer or Career Education.

Students who are interested in participating in the CCAP program at their high school should meet with their high school counselor for more information.

Non-CCAP (formerly Concurrent Enrollment)

A student will be admitted to VVC as a Dual Enrollment Non-CCAP student if it has been determined and certified by their school Principal or designee that the student is prepared for college level coursework. Students will be required to pay the Student Center Fee, Transportation Fee, books and supplies.

Admission to VVC

All students must complete VVC's Admissions application and follow the Steps to Enrollment for Dual Enrollment students. Note: Home School students, who wish to enroll as a Non-CCAP student, must provide a copy of the affidavit which has been filed with the California Superintendent of Public Instruction to the Admissions and Records office prior to registration.

Download the "Steps to Enrollment for Dual Enrollment Students" 

Dual Enrollment Form

A completed Dual Enrollment form must be submitted each semester before the student can register for classes.

Dual Enrollment Form

Age/Grade Level Restrictions

There are Age and/or grade level restrictions that vary by course and are determined by the faculty in each Academic or CTE department.

Age/Grade Restrictions

Unit limitations

Non-CCAP students are limited to 11.5 units for Fall or Spring semesters and 8.0 units for Summer/Winter semesters.

CCAP students are limited to 15 units or 4 courses for the Fall or Spring semester.


Last Updated 10/29/19