Academic Year 2021-2022
Letter from the SLO Coordinator
I hope this email finds you all well. As we begin the Fall 2021 term, I wanted to reach out to let folks know the campus has a number of options open for SLO assessment training and general assistance or guidance with SLOs. As the SLO Coordinator for this year, I’ll be emailing ways to engage with SLO assessment training and resources, but please always feel free to reach out to me if you’d like extra assistance. Assignments to assess SLOs have not gone out yet, but please watch your email in the coming weeks to see if you have been assigned to assess. In the meantime, below are some helpful ways to engage as well as some quick training videos and resource links:
SLO Assessment Support
- General SLO Assistance Office Hours through Zoom (Tuesdays, 1-4 pm and Thursdays, 6 – 8 pm), please call, text, or email to confirm your appointment.
- Contact me for Individual Appointments (Email me with dates/times you prefer).
- Contact me for Department or Group Appointments (Email me with dates/times you prefer).
- Stay tuned for Workshops I’ll be holding for the Fall 2021 term.
- Review the materials attached to this email (i.e. SLO assessment form, sample data template and how to submit your SLO assessment handouts).
- Time doesn’t permit for a meeting? Watch any of the training videos below for help/assistance/direction.
Sample Data File:
Training Videos and Resource links:
- How to locate your active SLOs for your course - Video
- Go to Learning Outcomes Web Page
- How to Prepare to Conduct your SLO Assessment - Video
- Conducting your SLO Assessment and Filling out your Form – Video Example 1
- How to Submit your SLO Assessment - Video
- What’s the Difference between Grading and Scoring? Video
- What is a Rubric? Video
SUBMITTING YOUR SLO ASSESSMENT
Remember to properly name your files before you send them to your Dean. The names should be: Discipline, course number, term/year and description
Hope everyone is doing well! Thank you for all your efforts!
Julia Wendt, Ph.D.
Faculty - Cooperative Education and Work Experience | Adjunct Faculty for Political Science
Victor Valley College
18422 Bear Valley Road
Victorville, CA 92395
Office: Bldg. 42 Rm. D
Phone: (760) 245-4271 Ext. 2288