Where applicable, a victim may have the right to be notified of protection orders, no contact orders, or similar lawful orders issued by a criminal, civil, or tribal court.
- An Emergency Protective Order (EPO) is an order issued by a judicial officer upon request by a peace officer under Family Code Section 6250. The purpose of this order is to provide for immediate and short-term protection
- Temporary Restraining Orders (TRO’s) may be requested by a victim from the San Bernardino County Superior Court. The nearest San Bernardino County Superior Court location to the Victor Valley College campus is located at 14455 Civic Drive, Victorville, Ca. 92395, (760) 245-6215
- Criminal Prosecution: A victim may or may not request criminal prosecution. The Victor Valley College Police Department strongly encourages a victim to prosecute criminal acts; however they are under no obligation to do so
- Civil prosecution: A victim may also pursue civil remedies through the civil court system. You may contact the San Bernardino County Superior Court (760) 245-6215 for more information
- Rights of Crime Victims: Information pamphlets regarding the Victims’ Bill of Rights Act of 2008: “Marsy’s Law” are available in the College Police Lobby